There are mods that qualify as outliers with capabilities that lift Minecraft up to another level, the RC Mod for Minecraft is a definitely unique outlier. This mod provides Remote Controlled vehicles immersed in the wonderful world of Minecraft.
Two different aircraft are provided in the original version of this mod, along with Remote Control (R/C) transmitters: a fixed-wing single electric motor R/C airplane, and an 8 propeller Octocopter R/C drone. However later versions actually include several more types, not all of which are aircraft.
Flip a switch on the photo-realistic R/C transmitter and the view mode changes to cycle between a personal first-person view, to an outside view looking back, to tracking about 100 feet behind the aircraft. This one feature makes it possible to fly the aircraft anywhere, far beyond the range of the transmitter when in any other view mode. In the regular view modes the range is about 1,000 feet, or 300 meters. In tracking mode there is no range or time limit.
The second release of this mod has 6 more vehicles: Fighter Jet, Submarine, Single-blade Helicopter, Dune buggy, racing Hydroplane, as well as the original Octocopter and small plane. There are many ways to cause the different types of vehicles to interact with the larger world of Minecraft. The base of this mod operates as a quite realistic R/C simulator. However, although crashes happen all the time, nothing is broken, and there is no need to recharge the batteries of the transmitter and the tiny receiver in the aircraft. The action is non-stop and endlessly fascinating, soaring over all.
- Merges simulated R/C craft play with the worlds of Minecraft
- Multiple views of R/C craft
- Normal operation is within a limited area and view
- One view enables flying over Minecraft to any distance
- Very realistic behaviors of R/C craft interacting with Minecraft
If you are not into R/C airplanes, or any other modes of transportation, you will still want to get this mod, so you can fly over Minecraft to any distance. If you are into R/C craft, you will want to incorporate your interest inside Minecraft with this mod.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the The RC Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for The RC Mod 1.12.2, 1.10.2, 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.12.2 →|
| Download for 1.12.2
|... for Minecraft 1.10.2 →|
| Download for 1.10.2
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2